Hashimoto’s is an autoimmune disease that is also known as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. It’s a disorder that damages the thyroid gland, which is located in the front of the neck. After the thyroid is damaged, it can no longer produce an adequate amount of hormones. When this happens, hypothyroidism develops, and the way a person looks and feels often changes. These are the effects of Hashimoto’s Peachtree City:
- Hashimoto’s disease can cause enlargement of the thyroid gland. This condition is called goiter. Goiter may make the front of the neck swell up.
- Weight gain and lethargy are some of the effects of this disorder. When you lack energy, you may not be able to exercise and keep yourself in shape. Pain in the joints and muscles caused by Hashimoto’s disease could make exercising difficult.
- Hair loss can result when the thyroid doesn’t function properly. Besides hair loss, Hashimoto’s Peachtree City can cause the hair to become thin and dry.
- Hypothyroidism can cause heavy menstrual periods and pregnancy problems that include preeclampsia and miscarriage. It can also increase a pregnant woman’s chance of giving birth too early or having a stillbirth. This condition can also cause the baby to have birth defects, a lower than normal birth weight, and thyroid issues.
- People with Hashimoto’s disease may have a low tolerance for cold temperatures.
- Mental problems like depression and forgetfulness can develop in people with this disorder.
- Hashimoto’s disease can slow down the heart rate.