Conveyors are a staple for any company handling materials. Over the years, different types have appeared. While some in Cleveland still rely on basic or traditional types, others do not. They turn to the latest technology knowing conveyor installation companies can supply them with an integrated automatic conveyor system to address their needs.
Basic Conveyor Types
- A conveyor system is a means through which materials are moved. The most basic version consisting of a rope and a pulley has played its role throughout history by moving everything from hay bales to shipping cargo. Essentially, no matter what the application, conveyor installation companies offer the following types:
- Non-powered: These, the most common types, are usually a skatewheel or roller conveyor.
- Powered: These are usually of the belt and roller type. Their function is to convey small items like packages. The two most common formats are:
- Belt conveyor: Transports materials
- Powered roller conveyor: accumulates items
- Powered chain/roller conveyors: This type of powered conveyor system is used in Cleveland for moving pallets loaded with products.
Each type has its advantages and disadvantages. Some are more suitable for one application over another. By consulting with a conveyor installation company, it is easier to determine what system can operate the most efficient and effective for the intended application.
Conveyor Installation Companies
A manufacturer or delivery company relies through necessity on the fast and efficient conveying of part and/or products throughout the plant and out the door. The means of doing this is through some form of conveyor system. It may be powered or non-powered. It may be a belt or roller. Whatever the type or use, the selection and installation of the appropriate system depends on the ability of the manufacturer/supplier of the goods to work with the best of the available conveyor installation companies. Only the installers are capable of providing the equipment that puts quality material handling first for Cleveland manufactories.