As an inventor, it is important to claim your rights over every intellectual property that you come up with. This is what is referred to as the invention patent Los Angeles. Patent rights are rights over the distribution, utilisation and reference to any individual’s intellectual idea. Alexander Graham Bell is famed for the invention of the telephone. Over the years there have been so many variations of the telephone: cell phones, pagers, landlines and intercoms among others. However, even though the original inventor of the telephone is long gone, he is still recognised as the individual who came up with the original concept. That is one of the most basic displays of protection of intellectual property.
The process of filing for an invention patent involves various steps. These include the following:
1. Once you come up with an idea, you need to write it down. Jot down the idea on paper including its various components and attributes. The detailed description put down on paper is your ticket to the invention patent and is the evidence of the idea. Dating your work is very important as it may be an important evidence of initial ownership of the idea in case any issues come up.
2. In order for an idea to get lawfully registered as an invention patent Los Angeles, it has to be completely unique and original. Therefore you need to conduct a patent search to ensure that your idea is one of a kind. There are various ways through which you can conduct a patent search. You can do it individually through various patent search resources available online or you can hire a professional to help you with the patent search. Once you realise that your invention is unique and original, you can begin the filing of the invention patent.
3. There are various kinds of patent application. The two main are; provisional and non provisional patent application. The two differ on basis of provision and therefore you need to get a patent agent to help you decide which one is best for your idea. A patent agent is an individual recognised by the patent office as a valid representative of an inventor.
4. With a professional patent agent on your side, the rest of the application process is a breeze. However during their whole process, there is the important matter of confidentiality. The documents, blueprints and drafted ideas should be kept as private as possible to prevent the idea from falling into other people?ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿs hands. If the idea is leaked and another individual files for invention patent Los Angeles with a similar idea, it is going to be very difficult to get your rights back.
5. The patent and trade mark office is the home of all patent application. The patent office also carries out a patent search to ensure that your idea is indeed your sole brainchild.